Carpetright's recommended floor fitting service
Arranging a professional fitting service with us makes it much easier to transform your home.
Our recommended fitters all pass a rigorous assessment by Which? Trusted Traders to become an Approved Service for our Carpetright recommended fitting service.
Which? Trusted Traders - Carpetright Approved Fitters
Which? has been testing products and services for over 50 years, making sure consumers have unbiased insight to help them make an informed decision about a product or service. Now Which? is doing the same for traders. Not just anyone can become endorsed. Only those who meet their high standards are credited with Which? Trusted trader status.
Their tough endorsement checks include:
1. A financial health check
3. Interview and assessment
4. Code of Conduct agreement
So, just like the Which? Best Buy awards, as Which? Trusted Traders, we can proudly use the icon to highlight that our recommended fitting service has been endorsed. For more information on the Which? Trusted Trader scheme, visit their website.
What to expect on the day of fitting
You’ll receive the perfect flooring finish without the hassle of doing it yourself. Just relax and let our approved fitters take care of everything.
Select fitting when you checkout online, or chat to an advisor if you’re shopping in- store.
If you select our recommended fitters’ standard fitting service, they’ll:
- Move up to five items of furniture*
- Bag up your off-cuts
- Vacuum after fitting
You can also choose to upgrade for fitting service for a small fee, which means our recommended fitters will also:
- Uplift and dispose of your old flooring
- Move additional items of furniture
- Take away any new waste and trimmings. We can turn them into runners, doormats or even rugs if you'd prefer.
- Remove, trim and refit any doors if necessary
Just select the upgrade at the checkout online, or chat to our advisors in-store.
Find your nearest store with our store locator.
COVID-19 Information for Customers
Like everyone else, we’ve worked hard and made adjustments so that we can maintain our friendly and efficient service while keeping our staff and customers safe.
Our number one priority is keeping everybody safe. Below we’ve detailed how we’re working with our recommended third-party fitters to keep them and your family safe while fitting under COVID-19 guidelines.
Stay safe and we hope to see you soon.
We have adapted our services across our store and warehouse network as follows:
- All of our stores are open and able to arrange COVID-compliant fittings, as well as telephone and video appointments so you can chat to someone in store or pre-book your appointments or collections. Please check our website for further details https://www.carpetright.co.uk/store/
- Our web and telesales teams continue to operate normally, and our online consultation team is available to discuss your flooring needs over the phone. Check out our homepage for details and to book an appointment.
We’ve adapted some of our store operating procedures as follows:
- All of our stores are open. You can also chat to flooring expert in-store, by phone and via a live video appointment.
- Social distancing rules will be strictly adhered to, and clear signage will in store will keep everybody on track.
- We ask all our customers to keep to the social distancing guidelines and keep 2 metres apart at all times. Our signage will help keep you right.
- We’ll be reducing the number of people we allow in the store to make social distancing easier for everybody.
- We’re sticking to strict hygiene practices with hand sanitizer, and regular cleaning and sanitising will be happening across surfaces and equipment with disinfectant wipes.
- We ask that all customers use the hand sanitisers when they enter and leave the store.
- We encourage the use of face coverings whilst in-store in England.
- Face coverings are mandatory in-store in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- We’ve installed safety guards at cash desks for extra protection for our team members and customers.
- We’re recommending card payments for now to reduce the amount of cash our team members have to handle.
- We’re also ensuring interest free credit applications are completed at home to minimise keyboard use in-store.
- Collections from the store must now be arranged in advance.
- Our store managers are able to make local decisions for the unique requirements of their store, team members and customers.
We have been working with our third-party fitters to adapt practices as follows:
- The fitter will call ahead of a booked appointment to make sure that all appropriate protective measures are in place.
- The fitter will avoid close contact with our customers and maintain the social distancing rules. You may be asked to vacate the room where the floor is being fitted. Internal doors will need to be left open to minimise contact.
- We ask that all flooring in the area to be fitted is uplifted and removed along with all furniture, unless other arrangements have been made before the appointment.
- Where possible we’d be grateful if you could open windows in the area being completed to increase ventilation.
- Strict hygiene regimes are in place with regular cleaning protocols for surfaces and equipment using disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers.
- The fitter may choose to wear varying types of PPE during their visit. The exact nature of this will be determined by the individual fitter’s preferences. If you have requirements for specific precautions, please let us know before the day of fitting so we can confirm this in advance.
- The fitter will ask you to check the flooring at the end of fitting but will not accompany you to maintain social distancing.
- To minimise the handling of cash, the fitters should offer you the ability to pay for your fitting by debit or credit card, or via bank transfer.
- The fitter can make local decisions to abandon a visit if they feel that anything compromises their personal safety.
- The fitter will call before they visit and run through a few checks with you.
- The fitter will stick to social distancing guidelines at all times and we’d ask you to do the same.
- We ask for the area being fitted to be clear of all existing flooring and furnishings unless this has been agreed in advance.